Saturday, April 2, 2011

Getting there is half the fun...

The trip to Italy was exactly that, a trip.  After cramming my life in a suitcase & a backpack and flying overnight I learned that the airport workers were on strike in Italy.  Luckily I got my hands on my luggage after a few difficult discussions but I learned I would not be able to take the train out of the airport as I had planned.  After a bus ride to another train station and yet another bus ride I made it to my new flat last night.  It is a short walk from my flat to the restaurant so I walked into Old Town and had dinner under the stars. 
I started off with pureed fava beans, sauted white spinach and some red cabbage.  This was followed by a crostini of white beans, mushrooms and bacon that was a perfect match to the local Super-Tuscan I was sipping with dinner.  For my main course my chef delivered pasta fresca with olive oil, freshly grated parm and some bread crumbs. I do apologize for not having pictures of this meal but after two days of airplane food and prepackaged sandwiches on trains I attacked this meal like I hadn't seen food in months.  After walking around Old Town to digest (and maybe find another glass of vino rosso) I walked back home and slept like a rock.
Today is my first day in the restaurant and the camera is by my side so I will try and take some pictures before I devour everything placed in front of me.

3 comments:

  1. Correction: the cheese was pecorino not parm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so pleased to have met you! You are going to go so far! :}

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm hungry already! Uncle jimmy was so happy to get to the party and we really appreciated you and Tara stopping by before you left!
    Love you
    Auntie Mary

    ReplyDelete